I represent and warrant that if I am purchasing something or paying for a service from this facility or from other merchants through this facility that (i) any credit card or bank account draft (ACH Draft) information I supply is true and complete, (ii) charges incurred by me will be honored by my credit card company or financial institution, and (iii) I will pay the charges incurred by me at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes, fees, and penalties.
I hereby authorize (if online payment is made or autopay information is provided) this facility to charge my ACH draft, or credit card account. I understand that a 30-day written notice is required to terminate billing and I am responsible for payment whether or not my student attends classes until I notify this facility in writing to drop my student from class(es).
Should I dispute a charge through my financial institution this will constitute a breach of contract possibly resulting in, but not limited to, penalties, additional fees, collection, legal action, and/or termination of any and/or all current and future services.
* You agree for a representative from SoCal Arts to contact you to obtain your billing information.
PHOTO RELEASE FORM
I hereby grant permission to SOCAL ARTS LLC to use photographs and/or video of me, the student, taken during the semester at SOCAL ARTS and performance locations in publications, news releases, social media online, and in other communications related to the mission of SOCAL ARTS.
DISCLAIMER: SOCAL ARTS LLC. (SOCAL ARTS) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY (OR LOSS OF PROPERTY) TO ANY PERSON WHILE PRACTICING, TAKING CLASS, COMPETING, PERFORMING, PARTICIPATING IN BIRTHDAY PARTIES, INTENSIVE CAMPS, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY INVOLVED IN, DANCE, ACTING, PILATES, PERFORMANCE, OR THE COMMON AREAS OF SUCH ACTIVITIES AT SOCAL ARTS LLC. FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SOCAL ARTS LLC, ITS OWNERS, OFFICER, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR EMPLOYEES.
1 – In consideration of my participation, I hereby release and covenant not-to-sue SoCal Arts LLC., their employees, contractors, teachers, coaches or agents from any and all present and future claims resulting from ordinary negligence on the part of SoCal Arts LLC or others listed, for property damage or personal injury, arising as a result of my child(ren) or myself engaging in or receiving instruction in ballet, dance, Pilates, and performance, or any other activity incidental thereto, wherever, or however the same may occur. I hereby voluntarily waive any and all claims resulting from ordinary negligence both present and future, that may be made by me, my family, estate, or heirs.
2 – Further, I am aware that ballet, dance, Pilates, and performance are vigorous sporting activities involving height and motion in a unique environment and as such they pose a risk of injury. The risk of harm may be limited by all of the safety equipment and as such they pose a risk of injury. The risk of harm may be limited by all of the safety equipment and trained instructors, but never eliminated. I understand that such activities always involve certain risks, including but not limited to , neck and back injuries, injury to virtually all bones, joints, muscles, and internal organs, and all safety equipment provided for my protection including the active participation of an instructor or teacher who will spot or assist in the performance of certain skills, may be inadequate to prevent injury. I understand that participation in ballet, dance, Pilates, and performance including move from studio to studio, studio to dressing room, conditioning, stretching and other activities may leave me and or my child(ren) listed above vulnerable to reckless actions of other gym participants who may not have complete control over their actions or who may not see other students in the gym. I am, or my child(ren) listed above are participating voluntarily in ballet, dance, Pilates, and performance with the knowledge of the risk involved and hereby agree any and all inherent risks of property damage or personal injury.
3 – I further agree, indemnify and hold harmless SoCal Arts LLC and all other listed for any and all claims arising as a result of my engaging in or receiving instruction from SoCal Arts LLC activities or any activities incidental thereto, whenever, or however the same may occur.
4 – I understand that this waiver is intended to be a broad and as inclusive as permitted by law of the State of California and agree that if any portion is held invalid, the remainder of the waiver will continue in full legal force and effect. I further agree that the venue for any legal proceedings shall be within the State of California.
5 – I affirm that I am of the legal age and am freely signing this agreement. I have read this form and fully understand that by signing this form, I am giving up legal right and/or remedies which may be available to me for the ordinary negligence of SoCal Arts LLC or any person listed above.
I authorize all medical and surgical treatment, X-ray, laboratory, anesthesia, and other medical and/or hospital procedures as may be performed or prescribed by the attending physician and/or paramedics for my child and waive my right to informed consent of treatment. This waiver applies only in the event that neither parent/guardian/emergency contact can be reached in the case of an emergency.
DANCE STUDIO POLICIES
- Placement decisions are made during the student’s intro class.
- Only water bottles allowed in the dance studio.
- Valuables should be left inside dance bags and not brought out during class time.
- Please respect changing room spaces, keep clean and tidy.
- Instructors are subject to change without notice.
- No gum allowed.
- No street shoes allowed on the dance floor.
- Parents are prohibited in the studio during class time unless teachers allow it.
- Parents Week: once a month studio classes will be open to parents who rsvp to our invitation. No more than two adults per family with preference given to families who have not recently participated.
- Unsupervised and/or loud children are not allowed.
- Please clean up after using common area.
- Running is strictly prohibited.
- Please keep noise level down as classes are in session.
- All girls should have their hair pulled back in a neat bun and out of their face. Boys with longer hair should have it pulled from their face.
- Levels 1 & 2: Pink leotard, ballet pink or flesh tone tights, and ballet pink or flesh tone ballet slippers. Skirts optional not required.
- Level 3: Black leotard, ballet pink or flesh tone tights, ballet pink or flesh tone ballet slippers. No skirt.
- For younger dancers levels 1-3, personal jackets are fine, please avoid HOODS on jackets and sweaters as they often fall into the face during barre work. Level 3 dancers will be required to remove warm ups after barre work.
- Levels 4-6: Black leotard, ballet pink or flesh tone tights, ballet pink or flesh tone ballet slippers. Skirt optional.
- Boys: White T-shirt, black tights, white or black shoes and a dance belt (ages 10+). White or black socks optional.
“Warm- ups” are allowed if they are form fitting and dance class appropriate. SoCal Arts gear, sweatpants and sweatshirts, are allowed. Dancers will be asked to take off warm-ups at teachers request.
NOTE: For costumed performances, all female dancers will be required to wear a nude leotard, ballet pink tights and ballet pink slippers or pointe shoes.
Make-up Class Policy
- Make-ups are available by appointment only.
- Students are allowed up to 4 make-ups per semester period.
- For level 1 & 2 dancers, once a month we offer a Make Up Sunday class. You must rsvp to our invitation to participate.
- Availability in make-ups is never guaranteed, for that reason we recommend not missing your scheduled classes.
- Make-ups can only be done within the same semester period unless authorized by the directors.
- Missed make-up classes cannot be made up.
- Make-ups are not permitted during the first week of the semester.
- Class tuition is due once annual agreement is signed.
- Once student is enrolled no refunds are given, including Master Classes and Special Events.
- 24-hour notice is required for cancelled private lessons.
- Students with outstanding tuition balances will be dropped from their classes.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON COVID-19
COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver
Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), SoCal Arts is taking extra precautions with the care of every client to include health history review, enforced social distancing and enhanced sanitation/disinfection procedures in accordance with the California Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation guidance.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
I agree to the following: *
- I understand the above symptoms and affirm that I, as well as all household members, do not currently have, nor have experienced the symptoms listed above WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS. I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 14 DAYS. I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not knowingly been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 14 DAYS. I affirm that I, as well as all household members, have not traveled outside of the country, or to any city considered to be a “hot spot” for COVID-19 infections WITHIN THE PAST 14 DAYS. I understand that SoCal Arts, LLC cannot be held liable for any exposure to the COVID-19 virus caused by misinformation on this form or the health history provided by each client.
- I also understand that I shall abide by the rules posted at the studio for mutual protection against the risk of exposure to Covid-19.